Monday, May 14, 2012

Highlights from Easter in Texas

I'm just getting around to posting pictures from our time in Texas. We were lucky enough to be there over Easter and the weather was just gorgeous. Here's a glimpse of some of the ways that we relaxed and had fun.

One of the best things was chasing around my 2 1/2 year-old niece that I don't get to see often enough.


And watching her with my 6-year-old daughter in their matching dresses . . . 


Pretty cute kids . . .


We also spent time in the Hill Country swimming with friendly dogs . . .


Climbing trees . . . 


Exploring nature . . . 



And enjoying the bluebonnets . . . 


Back in Houston, we played in Grandmama & Grandpapa's pool . . . 



Did a spontaneous botany project with Grandpapa . . . 


Hung out with my sweet mother-in-law, whose life work was teaching elementary school students and raising two exceptional sons (one of whom I married!) . . . 



Did I mention that we loved how everything was in full bloom?


 And I even managed to read something that has nothing to do with Montessori, education or children's spirituality.: )




Linked to Happy Family Times at Crafty Moms Share and Happy Whimsical Hearts


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been having a wonderful time :-) Your daughter and neice look very sweet together. And I wish we had such fantastic climbing trees!

    Thank you for sharing at Happy Family Times :-)

    ReplyDelete