Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Baptismal Candle / Taufkerze

Our son is getting baptized on Sunday, so my latest late night project has been making his baptismal candle. Although I have been working on it for some time, he had no idea and asked me at the dinner table tonight if I could please make him a candle "just like the ones in our Advent Club"? Unser Sohn lässt sich am Sonntag taufen. Deshalb ist mein letztes Kunstprojekt seine Taufkerze gewesen. Obwohl ich schon eine Weile dran bin, wusste er dies nicht und fragte heute Abend, ob ich ihm eine Taufkerze machen würde, "sowie die Kerzen bei der AdventsAG".


After coming up with a design and trying it out with tracing paper, I used the technique here, but cut the Stockmar decorative wax sheets with an exacto knife for more precision. Nachdem ich ein Design überlegte, habe ich  die Stockmar Wachsfolien mit einem Cutter geschneidet.

Now I just have to hide it until Sunday. Shhhh . . . don't tell him! Jetzt muss ich sie bis Sonntag in der Wohnung verstecken. Pst! Sagt ihm bitte nicht!


No comments:

Post a Comment