Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sketchy Sunday: Pets + Spring

We're joining the Artsy Ants again for Sketchy Sunday! The past two weeks haven't afforded us a lot of time for sketching with school, the Easter Club, a Serve the City project and church. But here's what we've got . . . 

Last week's theme was "Spring", so I sketched this while waiting for my kids at an Abenteurerspielplatz ("Adventure Playground"). Unfortunately, it's still not looking very springy in Berlin.



and here is a sprouting seedling . . . 


As you can see, when I'm pinched for time, I stick to my favorite medium of black ink. But I did happen to have my watercolors out two weeks ago for the Parable of the Sower and sketched a cat for the "Pets" theme.


My son asked me to share this self-portrait with our hamster, Hammy, that he did a while back.


And my daughter handed in a sketch for "Telephone", which was the theme about a month ago.: ) She also exercised a little creative spelling in German.




If you like to sketch, please join us at the Artsy Ants

3 comments:

  1. These are all so nice again, can't tell you which is my favorite :) The cat looks a little like mine, very sweet. And the self portrait with the hamster, wow!

    I'm happy you had a chance to go to the Abenteurerspielplatz, I have very fond memories of the ones around where we grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely sketches, thanks so much for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketches! And I really love Hammy :)

    ReplyDelete