Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Reading

Our six weeks of summer vacation began last week and I am delighted to use the time off from teaching to catch up on some reading.

"Children's Spirituality: What it is and why it Matters" by Rebecca Nye



"Der Neugier der Kleinsten Raum Geben: Kinder fragen nach Gott und der Welt" by Ulrike Labuhn. (Ulrike is also my Godly Play trainer. I hope this one gets translated into English at some point. Heck, maybe I'll translate it! )


"Children's Ministry that Fits: Beyond One-Size fits all Approach to Nurturing Children's Spirituality" by David Csinos


I'll give some feedback on these books when I'm finished!

When I'm not reading for me, my other favorite pastime is reading to my kids.  These are the two read-alouds that we are currently reading:

"The Princess and the Goblin" by George MacDonald (I discovered MacDonald last year and love his writings.)


"Nancy Drew: The Secret of Mirror Bay" by Carolyn Keene (This book enthralled me as a kid! It's great fun to read it to my own kids now.)




What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

  1. I would love to read that first book...this summer, I am reading "lifeways: working with family questions.." I also have some old fingerplay books that were given to me that I am really enjoying:) xooxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca, "Children's Spirituality" is definitely thought-provoking. It is a short book, but takes a while to read in order to digest it all. The "Lifeways" book sounds interesting (just looked it up on Amazon). I would love to read about how Waldorf-influenced families have managed to find balance in their lives. I may have to pick it up as well. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete