Saturday, July 16, 2011

Other Godly Play and Catechesis Resources on the Web

Since I stepped into the blogging world last October, I have been amazed at how much I have learned from and been inspired by other bloggers! My practice of Godly Play has developed and grown as a result of the feedback and encouragement from others in this field.  I want to take this opportunity to call your attention to some other wonderful blogs about Montessori-based religious education that I have come to love. If you are interested in learning more about Godly Play or Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, by all means check out these blogs!

Godly Play:
Wonderful in an Easter Kind of Way - Storyteller uses GP in Junior Church at an Anglican church in Finland.
Gott im Spiel - Godly Play - Markus is a colleague here in Germany who leads GP in a Roman Catholic setting.
Godly Play Spain - David Pritchard writes about the development of GP in Spain.
Living Montessori Now - Deb Chitwood is trained in both GP and Catechesis and writes about her experience as well as providing links to on-line resources.
Watkins Every Flavor Bean -  Emily lives in Scotland and uses Godly Play with her own children.
All Play on Sunday - This blogger also has lots of ideas for Godly Play as well as sensorimotor worship for children.
Browniesmoke - Jill in North Carolina, USA, also has some interesting posts on her GP experiences.

Catechesis of the Good Shepherd:
Thoughts from the Sheepfold - Leslie is Director of Spiritual Formation at an Episcopal church in Ohio, USA.
The Diary of a Sower - Cheryl is a Catechist in a Roman Catholic church in the US.

If you know of any other blogs that I may have left out or am not yet aware of, please let me know. : )

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, I'm returning from vacation and just read this post. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog. I have been so inspired by your work, and feel that connections like ours are one of the very best things about blogging! Thanks again for the listing - I can't wait to check all out all of these resources!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Leslie! I can certainly say the same about you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking to my blog, Sheila! I always love reading your posts! I totally agree with Leslie ... "I have been so inspired by your work, and feel that connections like ours are one of the very best things about blogging!" :) Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so welcome, Deb! I constantly learn new things on your website.

    ReplyDelete