Friday, March 31, 2017

Birch Easter Decoration with Christian Symbols



Honestly, the idea for this art project came to me, because I had a lot of birch stumps left over from an Advent project in 2015. : )  Also, one of the things that I love to do in my Easter Clubs is to acquaint the children with historical Christian symbols and allow them to creatively explore them. 


So I came up with the idea of allowing them to draw a symbol that is meaningful to them on the birch stump. (I recommend high-quality permanent markers for this activity.) And then, the children could choose a Bible verse to write on the tag and tie it to the birch wood. As always, the children had the freedom to come up with their own symbol or Bible verse if they wanted to.  




This is a simple, but beautiful project, especially if you are looking for something with natural materials that can be finished in a short period of time. It also doesn't have to necessarily be an Easter project.


No comments:

Post a Comment