Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Some Exciting News!

There's some exciting news that I'd like to share with you. I was recently accepted to take part in a Godly Play Trainers' program in December, and I am absolutely thrilled at the opportunity!

I'll be traveling to Holland to study under Dr. Rebecca Nye, the author of Children's Spirituality: What it is and Why it Matters, and Reverend Peter Privett, who have both been instrumental in the spread of Godly Play to European countries. My fellow students will be from England, Belgium and the Netherlands. The training will also be in English, so it will be an opportunity for me to get to know Godly Play all over again in my native tongue. Since almost all of my Godly Play experience has been in German, this will be new territory for me.

As part of the training, we each have to tell a story and have it critiqued. I will be preparing "Holy Baptism". I was very happy at this assignment, because I have now told this story enough to be very familiar with it. Then, I will in turn critique someone else's story. 

We also have a ton of required reading on children's spirituality. Fascinating stuff, but definitely not light reading. If you are wondering why I didn't post much last week, it's because of all this homework!

I am looking forward to so many things in this training. Getting to talk about Godly Play for hours with people who are just as passionate about it as I am. Receiving honest, helpful critique and feedback. Soaking up the wisdom of people who have been doing this for much longer than I have. Learning how to give helpful instruction to others. Working and playing together.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes - both with the preparation and the actual training!


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait to read more about it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congratulations! That's so exciting! (I'm a little envious, to be honest...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you really enjoy this training for trainers, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I am so happy for you and for the people you will train in the future, not to mention us - your beloved readers!!! :) I can't wait to hear all about it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! You are such an encouragement to me!

      Delete